Waihau Bay New Zealand

Waihau Bay New Zealand

Monday, February 2, 2015

Footwear Blues

I have decided to start my poetry blog again from scratch as I have probably edited and re-edited those that were here many times since then.  I joined "Allpoetry" last year so any I post there I am determined not to mess with ever again and will post some of them here.

This one is new this year, this week in fact I hope you like it...are there emoticons here???  Anyway here it is...

When I was born in Summer’s heat
I had fins instead of feet.
And ever since, I regret to say
My feet have plagued me, every day.

Each store I entered pushed and shoved
But, no footwear fit me like glove.
It was not fair, that none would suit,
Not woolly slippers, nor rugby boots.

Then one day my search was ended,
My fins with rubber flippers blended,
They were so comfy, soft, and supple
I waltzed from there, no longer troubled.

Today I swim where others saunter,
Over path and underwater.
My life is now an open book,
Though at my fins you cannot look.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Bev I love it. I love the line "today I swim where others saunter
    very cool.
    Will you be posting on your other site?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I have already but I won't be bring all of those over here, maybe a few of my favourites only.

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry a confusion I meant Cabbages as the "other site".

      Delete